Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Competitive Intelligence Analysts collect data and intelligence from a variety of primary and secondary sources with frequent travel required. This position requires the use of technology to collect and organize market data for effective analytics of competitive, economic, population, housing, transportation, and land use information.
- Travel to regional grocery stores as assigned to collect grocery store intelligence through:
- Conversations with store personnel,
- On-line publications and sources,
- Industry professionals.
- Accurately input data into a mobile application
- Data preparation
- Responsible for completing small – large metro market projects.
- Complete misc. projects including demographic, traffic, competitive / market analysis, etc.
- Involvement in special projects as required.
- Ability to travel independently throughout U.S., complete assigned projects.
- Develop awareness of industry trends and developments.
- This role requires 80-95% travel, majority in a regional market additional travel outside of region as required.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Valid US driver's License
- Creative / analytical minded individual.
- Prior grocery store operation experience beneficial.
- Detail orientated and possessed a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple overlapping projects simultaneously. Sense of urgency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to communicate analyses and recommendations to senior leadership
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and handle confidential information.
- Must be able to collaborate well within and across teams as well as work autonomously.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Internet research.
- Knowledge of GIS technology beneficial
We believe our employees are our greatest asset, and we are committed to providing them with the tools, resources and environment they need to succeed. We believe our company is the perfect place for individuals who are passionate about their work, value team building and teamwork and are looking to make a difference in their career. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, a supportive work environment, and a culture that values innovation and collaboration.